Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Spencer/Salisbury Christmas Parade



Today, I was driving to work and noticed an unnatural amount of cars parked on the side of the road and by the train museum. I then remembered, after seeing a sign that reminded me, that it was the day for the Spencer/Salisbury Christmas parade today from 2-5 pm. Thankfully, we were able to leave work at noonish due to low census (as many of our patients were discharged today, and most hospital patients would decline coming to Rehab to return home for Thanksgiving). As I was driving home, one lane on each side of the road was already closed off, and the vendors were already out selling hot chocolate, balloons, and other trinkets. Parking was already becoming an issue, and people had their lawn chairs and blankets out to enjoy the parade. It was really funny to see such a big crowd forming 2 hours early for a local parade, but I guess it is good timing since children are out of school and some parents probably took off as well. I'm just happy that I got through the traffic and didn't get caught having to find an alternate route home!

Happy Early Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: