Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

Welcome to 2010! This is the first year of the 2nd decade of this millennium, how exciting! I'm not sure that I am starting it off to a perfect start though. Unfortunately, when it snowed 2 weeks ago, I was going into work, and slid on the ice and fell. I injured my shoulder, and now I am in a sling and awaiting a MRI and an Orthopedist consultation. My doctor believes that I may have separated my AC (a joint between the shoulder blade and collar bone). The bad news is, this is a painful injury, as it involves torn ligaments. The good news is, this injury usually does not involve surgery. In the meantime, I stuck in a sling and not allowed to use my left arm (good thing I am right handed). I will keep everyone up to date on the progress, but if it is the AC joint separation, it will be 4 weeks of immobilization, then slowly work into use again. The good news is, I am getting talented at performing tasks with one arm. My coworkers tell me this will be a good skill to learn, especially way down the road when I have children (so I can hold a baby and perform all necessary tasks). Haha, I've got to look on the bright side, right?

I did however start off this year with a great and permanent job. That's right, no more traveling as a part of my job. I am working with a great group of therapists (who have all been helpful during this time of my injury) at a nursing home in High Point. This means that Toby and I are very close to my mom's house, so that has also been helpful during this injury. I am looking forward to 2010 and seeing what this year will bring me, especially since I won't be moving every 3 months.

I wish everyone a Happy, Safe, and Blessed New Years!

No comments: