Monday, February 2, 2009

New Book

A friend included this book in a "Welcome to Texas" basket, and the book is hilarious. It includes all of the information that you need to know about living in Texas. The book is called "Fixin' to be Texan" by Helen Bryant who is a columnist for the Dallas Morning News. One of the things that I found funny was talking about inclement weather, because it was so true! The day that the rain began, several schools canceled in anticipation of the freezing rain that was not to occur until that night. Then, the next morning, when there was ice on the road, instead of putting salt on the road to melt the ice, they put sand. Also, it speaks of how to get big hair in Texas, what kind of dogs are accepted, and all other things to "poke gentle fun at the Texas mystique." Very funny book, and I highly recommend it to anyone prior to moving to Texas, and quickly learn the phrase "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as quick as I could."

No comments: