Monday, March 9, 2009

No Light Duty

Well, as many of you probably figured, I'm not going back to work today. The unfortunate thing about it is that if my job was outpatient PT or a desk job, I could be back at work today. Sadly, I'm an acute care PT (acute care meaning in the hospital), this means that I have to help all of the sick and weak people get out of bed and help them start walking again to get stronger. I can't return to work until I am at near full capacity, because if I were to go back too soon, I could either hurt myself worse or hurt a patient (by not being able to fully control the situation and losses of balance, and they may fall). I just hate knowing that they need my help at work, and the patients need a healthy PT. I'll just keep doing what I can on my end and doing my back exercises, using the heating pad, and taking my meds. Hopefully, I'll be able to return very soon, but sadly, there is no light duty in acute care PT. I'll just have to take it day by day and hope my doctor was not right that it would take a week for me to return.

No comments: