Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ouch




The above car is my car, the below Acura is her car (she tried to swerve far left when she looked up and realized she was about to hit me)




Lucky me (note sarcasm), right as I was stopped with my turn signal on to turn into my apartment, I look in my rear view mirror and am not happy. There is a black car not slowing down right behind me, and the girl realizes last minute and looks up with a scared look on her face and *BAM* I was hit...it seemed like it happened in slow motion, but I know that it happened too quickly for any reactions other than my back tensing up. Turns out, she lives in my complex too, and was turning in and not paying attention, even admitted to being on the phone and hanging it up, not paying much attention. So, we pull into the complex and she hands me her information like I wasn't going to call the cops. I quickly told her that I needed to call the cops as I was driving a rental, and I needed it on record. She was very nice about it, we exchanged insurance information, and I took pictures (as I had been hearing that Dallas PD may or may not show up, and it may take hours) and I called it in to the rental car company, so we went to park our cars. Right as I'm putting my car into park, the cops were calling asking where we were, I told them and I met him at the Leasing Office. He looked at the car and said "yeah, we need to write this up" and asked how I was feeling, by this point, my back is starting to ache some. He gathered my information, and wanted to see the other car and speak to the other person, so I led the way. He agreed the other car was very damaged, and one of the cops told me that I was hit harder than I think I was and chances are, I'm really going to feel it tomorrow (woopie, just what I need). The cops filled out a report, gave us our claim numbers, and then went on their way. Thankfully, everyone was very polite, but this is going to be a headache (or should I say backache) for me. I'll keep everyone posted on what happens from here.

No comments: