Friday, May 22, 2009

Wii Workout

I just bought the new Wii EA Sports: Active Personal Trainer today. I tried it out and I really enjoyed it, and it provides a pretty good workout. I'm trying the 30 day Challenge, so let's see if I can keep it up. The game comes with the resistance band and a leg strap to put the nunchuck controller in. It leads you through a tutorial of the new exercises, and coaches you throughout the exercise, as well as tells you how many calories you are burning. If you have a Wii Fit, you can use your balance board with some of the exercises (although, I haven't brought my Wii Fit down here yet, so I can't use that part yet). I really enjoyed the first workout, and could tell that it does provide a good workout. As I have the Wii Fit, it is fun, and some of the activities can really burn some calories, it does not have a set program, so you can pick and choose what you want to do. The Wii Fit does have other nice features that this doesn't have, such as getting weighed on the balance board and the fun little games (like hula hooping). It will be nice to compare the two over time, but I really am going to try to do the 30 day challenge to see how I like it. Wish me luck!

No comments: