Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day 2 of Kinesio Tape



Here are some pictures of my legs from the second day of the kinesio tape. During the course, we also taped our shoulders, elbows, wrists, backs, etc (but I had already removed most of that tape and I wasn't driving down the road like that), so we went through a lot of tape. I learned a lot of great techniques today, and I cannot wait to actually try them out in the clinic in another week! Thankfully, my new clinic already has kinesio tape, so I won't have to beg them to order it. Oh yeah, kinesio tape comes in 4 colors, beige, "red" (that looks pink), blue, and black. We worked with the pink and blue tapes in class. I'm sure patients prefer the beige or black colors, but it is fun having bright colors on :)

Oh yeah, my last day at work in Murrells Inlet was Friday, so I have a week off this coming week, then I begin my new assignment in Jacksonville, NC on Monday, July 27th. It will be an outpatient clinic, much like the one that I am working in now.

No comments: