Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Grandpa's Rose of Sharon

When I arrived home yesterday, I saw the most beautiful flowering bush in the yard. This is a plant that my grandfather gave my mother a few years ago after he had taken a piece off his main plant and rooted it for her. Prior to planting this little thing, there was a huge rainstorm with flooding in the yard that sent the plant for a swim. I had to wade out into the yard in foot deep water to search the plant out. I finally found it and we temporarily potted it again. Once the waters cleared and the ground was ready, we planted it near the neighbor's fence. Last year, the bush really did not do much, and we were afraid that it might die (as there was a big drought and there was little rain water). This year, however, the bush is flourishing and is gorgeous. I just thought I would share the beauty.

No comments: