Sunday, October 11, 2009

Elon Alumni Weekend



Elon University hosted the first annual alumni celebration weekend this weekend. The start of it was a Continuing Education course on Friday, and the other events were various things to see where the program is now and how it has changed. As I have Fridays off from work, I decided to take in the free cont-ed course and see some of my fellow Elon alumns and were we are now. In all, there were 38 or so people there, and 6 (including me) from my class. It was great seeing everyone, and I cannot believe how the labs have changed in the 3 years since I have been there. The labs are now equipped with the nice mats for demonstration (as our class just had wooden, non-moving mats), there are about 6 LCD tvs in the 2 labs, and even video cameras mounted on the ceilings. How this works is the screens all have the power point presentation on the screens, when the professor is up front demonstrating a technique, instead of all of us crowding up to try to get a view of it, now they flip the camera on and can zoom in as needed for everyone to see! How high-tech! Apparently, this is also in the Anatomy lab, so the students now are more easily able to see what the professor wants them to see on one of the cadavers. Much better than so many people crowding around the body trying to see something so small. And the best part is, they have a new air control system in there, so it doesn't smell so bad anymore. All I can say is, wow, now I know where my tuition money went.
The above picture is of the welcoming sign and a picture of me and one of good friends from the class ahead of me, and she was my big sister in the program, plus we worked for a year at Cape Fear. I promise, we didn't plan to dress alike!

No comments: