Sunday, April 27, 2008

Swimming with Dolphins!





I went for my first scuba diving trip out in the British Virgin Islands today with 6-Paq Scuba (with Colette) out to Tobago. On the first dive, we went to about 70 feet, and I got to see a huge Spotted Eagle Ray (about 8-10 feet wingspan). On the second dive, in the same area, we saw a smaller Spotted Eagle Ray, then 3 dolphins swam up to us! The dolphins swam over very close to us as if they were checking us out, then swam away. Colette, the dive master, was taking pictures and took a little film of it, so hopefully the video came out well. I have some pictures from the dive that she e-mailed to me, I will have to wait to get the CD in the mail for the others (including the dolphin video). The pictures above are of myself underwater, a school of Creole Wrasse swimming around us, and a Spotted Eagle Ray swimming through the water. It was a truly amazing dive trip, as you don't often get to swim with wild dolphins in this area, it was as if I was watching the Discovery Channel!

No comments: