Thursday, October 16, 2008

Busy Day

As I have finally completed my meetings and other orientation type tasks to get acquainted with this hospital, we are ramping up to the full amount of 10 patients for the Rehab Unit. Today, I was able to see a complete load of 5 patients for me. I know, 5 patients may not seem like a lot, but in the Rehab world, it is a full load. What you have to keep in mind is that each patient must receive at least 2 therapies (OT, PT, and speech), and receive a minimum of 3 hours of treatment total. This means that I am treating each patient for at least 1 1/2 hours a day. So, with 5 patients, that means a total of 7 1/2 hours of treatment time. Thankfully, some of these patients are seen two at a time, so that helps some in keeping things flowing smoothly. I am very excited to be working at full capacity now!

No comments: