Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Orientation: Day 2

Okay, so the first part of today was definitely better than yesterday. It was a lot more interactive and more enjoyable with various skits and laughing. At lunch, I got to meet my new coworkers and briefly see the unit where I will be working. It was great meeting the new faces and seeing that our personalities should mesh well. After lunch, it was time for the computer based training. This included an issue with none of our log-on names/passwords working and then having to wait around while the main lady was determining what to do. After a long time of doing nothing, we were finally able to get online and begin taking the tests. Lucky me, I had 17 tests to complete (which is more than some and less than others like the ER nurses who have a ton of things to do). Thankfully, with speed and determination, I was able to complete all of my tests today, which means no going back to the computer lab tomorrow! I swear, I was cross-eyed after looking at the computer screen for that long, but it is all over so I am happy. The good news, I get to start working with the Rehabilitation unit tomorrow, so I'm excited to get started!

No comments: