Friday, October 10, 2008

First Week

I survived my first week of working at Rowan Regional! The week went well, and I believe that I will really enjoy my time there. I did find out the dirt as to why the rehab unit has been looking for new staff. Apparently, the Rehab unit was staffed by Charlotte Medical Center (as well as the Cardiology department) originally. When Rowan Regional announced their merger with Novant Health, Charlotte almost immediately withdrew their Cardiology department, then in August, they took out their therapists in the Rehab department. So, as of August, the therapists in the Rehab unit had to be restaffed. While they were able to hire an OT, COTA, and a PT, they were missing the second PT. They decided to get a traveling PT, and found me! Okay, so that was probably boring, but that is how my position came to be.

No comments: