Wednesday, January 28, 2009

First Day

Sorry, I forgot to take my camera today and forgot to take a cell phone picture. My first day at the new job went well. I was able to successfully maneuver my car on a sheet of ice and drove past a nasty 3 car wreck that they were beginning to clear away. Thankfully, the traffic was not bad at all as most of the motorist were staying at home. I drove about 10-20 mph the whole way and my car did well. Once I got to work, I found the Rehab Department, and someone led me to the office of the woman I was supposed to meet, but she wasn't in her office. I waited there for about 10 minutes, and finally she came back to her office and apologized. As she was the only supervisor there, she had been canceling the outpatients and arranging the schedule for all of the hospital patients on the caseload. Several of the PTs were either not showing up or coming very late, so the schedule was crazy. I finally got about a 1 1/2 hour brief orientation, and she found out that another therapist was going up to the floor that I will mainly work on, so she sent me off with him. I came back down at lunch, and it turns out that they had scheduled me with patients, so that was good. The only problem is the hospital is HUGE and has 5 different buildings with all of these winding hallways. Thankfully, they have good signs, so I haven't gotten lost yet (as in I can get from one building to the other, but I couldn't even begin to tell you how I got there or do it without the signs). Overall, it was a great day at work, and it seems like I will have some very nice coworkers.

1 comment:

Deb and Jay said...

Glad to hear you had a good first day. I heard about all the car accidents in Dallas with the ice storm, so glad to hear you made it there safely. Sounds like you'll definitely be getting some exercise with all that walking, but that's good. :-)

Make sure to take lots of pics!
Deb