Saturday, May 31, 2008

To Jay and Deb



As I am in the air now (I scheduled this post to post online after my plane will take off), I am thinking about the amazing experience I had while living for 3 months in the Virgin Islands. While I know that I would have had a good time regardless, my time here has been made AMAZING thanks to two special people. Jay and Deb are friends of the landlord, and are renting the main house, while I was renting the downstairs apartment. I first spoke with Deb via e-mail prior to my arrival, then I met them at the car rental place. Thank goodness for them meeting me, because I would have been a nervous wreck maneuvering these roads while driving on the left side of the road. At first, we started as nice neighbors, but this quickly developed into a true friendship. In fact, it was because of their blog that I decided to create this one of my accounts as a traveling PT. We went out to eat together, took trips to St. John together, and they inspired me and encouraged me to get my scuba diving license while here. Toby has also adored both Jay and Deb, as if I am gone to work or out running errands and one of them are home, they would let him play with them while I was gone. Toby got many more belly rubs than normal and I know he loved every second. I got to experience so many things because of Jay and Deb, and I wanted to take this time to say thank you for making this experience amazing, and I will miss you both.

While this may be good bye for now, it will not be good bye forever, as I know that we will continue to talk, e-mail, and I'm sure I'll make it down this way again if even just for a vacation.

3 comments:

Robbo said...

if you're coming to chicago (hi, by the way...i'm robbo from jay and deb's blog comments section)i'm looking for a new physical therapist for my shin/calf muscles. Ss long as you accept some insurance (i have bc/bs PPO plan) and since you're a friend of the USVI, by default, you're a friend of mine!

Deb and Jay said...

Awh, thank you. I read this last night before going to bed and you made me cry. :-( You being here made our first three months more enjoyable also. We really miss our friends back home, so having you here and having a friend to run around with, made the transition much more bearable.
Take Care and definitely keep in touch.
Deb

a said...

...although, we never met in person...thanks for being a pleasant tenant and enjoying your stay in the USVI..I realize it is much different living there than most expect...but you certainly did a lot of things that you will remember for the rest of your life...I love your zest for life and truly admire what your sense of adventure! You have already done more than some will do in a lifetime~ live in up in Chicago girl! Best Wishes,STT "landlord"..ha! funny word,if you think about it.