Monday, September 22, 2008

Funny story/joke

I normally post things about my life on here, however when my friend told me this about her coworker, I laughed so hard that I had to share. She asked him if it was true, and he swears that this really occurred.

My friend's coworker comes to her to tell her this story about his dog:
Apparently, he raises/trains high quality hunting dogs, and one day, his dog comes into the yard and brings him a dead rabbit. Well, his neighbor raises rabbits, so he knew his dog had somehow gotten a rabbit out of the cage, killed it (as he is a trained hunting dog), and brought it back. The man did not want his neighbor to be mad at him, as he would know it was his hunting dog who did it, so he took action. He took the dead rabbit back into his house, gave it a bath (complete with shampooing it and scrubbing all of the dirt off), then blow dried the dead bunny so that it was nice, soft, and clean. He then quietly went over to the neighbors yard and put the clean and dead rabbit into the empty cage where it belonged. Well, he was quiet about this for a few days, so when he finally saw his neighbor a few days later, he asks "so, how are your rabbits?" The neighbor replies, "Well, the strangest thing happened the other day. One of my rabbits died, so I buried it out back. Then a few days later, the rabbit was back in the cage again. I don't know how it happened, but it's really odd." I believe the man replied something to the effect of 'yeah, that is really strange." So, he expected the worst of his dog, cleaned a dead rabbit, put it back in the cage, AND freaked out his neighbor. When all his dog did was dig up a dead rabbit and bring it home.

I laughed so hard at this that I almost cried. Could you imagine walking out to your rabbit cages to find your dead rabbit soft and clean laying in the cage? I'm sure he's still scratching his head trying to figure that one out.

Of course, as it turns out, that this is a joke that circulates around and is on internet joke sites. However, it is still funny, and made even funnier by the fact this coworker of hers actually does raise hunting dogs.

No comments: