Friday, August 15, 2008

Chicago Air Show Slide Show

Here is a slideshow of the practice yesterday and this morning and the first events of the actual Air Show this afternoon. The show began with actor/comedian Bill Murray skydiving with the US Army Golden Knights, I was able to barely see the parachutes before they went behind the tall buildings and landed on the beach. Although I didn't actually see this, the show kicked off with Florence Henderson (of "The Brady Bunch") singing the National Anthem prior to the jump, and later Gary Sinise (of "Forrest Gump," "Apollo 13," and "CSI: New York") and the Lt. Dan Band performing some songs. All three actors/actresses are Illinois natives. I can actually see some of the fast planes from my balcony at home, and Toby and I can hear all of the planes. Toby may like fireworks, but he DOES NOT like the noisy airplanes. No wonder the poor guy acted so miserable and needy yesterday when I got home, he listened to the Blue Angels all day and was scared to death. He's happy now because I'm home and realized that the plane noises are safe. The Air and Water show will continue all weekend with lots of airplane demonstrations, water sports, and fast boats!

Enjoy the show and turn up the volume for a familiar song!


1 comment:

Deb and Jay said...

Nice video and song! I love air shows. I grew up going to them all the time. With my dad in the Air Force we mainly saw the Thunderbirds but we saw the Blue Angles sometimes too. Fun stuff!
Deb