Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Chicago Storm


Since this has been on many National Newscasts, I thought I would blog about this so that everyone would know that Toby and I are okay. As I mentioned yesterday, last night there was a large thunderstorm with tornado warnings. The Cubs game was cut off short due to the weather, there were tornado sirens going off in the city, and the lightening flashes were lighting up the sky. The above picture is one that I found on the Chicago Tribune website. The storms continued all night and into the early morning with 3 confirmed tornado sightings. Thankfully, my car is parked on the 2nd floor indoors, so it was safe and there was no damage to my building. Unfortunately for others, they were not so fortunate and suffered either flood damage, wind/tornado damage, or damage from debris such as fallen trees. One of my coworkers said that her yard flooded and that her car interior had standing water on the passenger side this morning (from the water seeping in through the bottom). More than 3,000 trees are down and more than 185,000 people in the Chicago area and suburbs without power at some point. All is fine with Toby and I, and he just thought that the lightening was a pretty show for him (as he loves fireworks).

1 comment:

Deb and Jay said...

Glad to hear you and Toby are doing fine. I saw the storm on the news and wondered if there were any strikes near your apt. Glad to hear there wasn't.
Deb