Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Walking Home



As I was on the bus riding home from work today, a CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) came on board the bus with his clip board. He proceeded to walk up and down the aisle, then went outside walked down the bus appearing to look at something, then came back on the bus and said in an official tone "I'm sorry, you're all going to have to get off the bus." No reason, no explanation, nothing, just get off the bus. Of course, I could have just waited for the next bus, but I decided as I was like 10-15 blocks from home, I would just take in the beautiful weather and walk home. As I was walking home at around 5:00 pm, I walked up towards the Buckingham Fountain and got to see it up close spewing water. As I found out after my initial visit to the fountain, it shoots a HUGE spray of water out at the top of every hour. I believe the Double Decker bus tour guide said the spray could reach as high as 150 feet! I've seen it from my bus route (about 3 blocks away), but I hadn't seen it up close until today, very pretty!

No comments: