Sunday, August 24, 2008

Mom's Last Day in Chicago :-(


Today was my mom's last day for her visit to Chicago. We decided to go to Millennium Park, walk down Michigan Drive to cross over the Chicago River, then see the Wrigley Building and Tribune Tower (among other buildings in the area). It was such a nice day with a good breeze (not as hot as it was yesterday), so the weather was great for walking. We then came back to my apartment where she had to pack up everything and we had to take the train to the O'Hare airport. There was construction in process on the rail system, so it took about 20 min longer than anticipated. She and I had to run through the airport so that I could help her get her boarding pass printed and I could say goodbye to her as she passed through security. She made it to the plane with 15 min to spare! She has now safely landed back in NC, and was 20 min. early, and Toby and I will see her again in a little less than 4 weeks!

No comments: