Friday, August 22, 2008

Mom's First Day in Chicago!




My mother flew into Chicago last night, and I picked her up from the airport. Thankfully, she was able to get a direct flight from Raleigh to O'Hare, however, she was delayed 1 1/2 hours in Raleigh! Today, I only worked until lunch-time, then I had the afternoon free to play tourist. We began by going to see the Field Museum (we saw Sue the T-Rex, the ancient Egyptian tombs, and various other things), then we went up to the Signature Room on the 96th floor of the John Hancock Building, and finished the night by going to Navy Pier. We ate dinner at Bubba Gump's which was such a fun place! Good food and great staff made for a fun environment, I would definitely recommend it.

Now, time to rest up for a fun-filled day tomorrow!

No comments: