Monday, August 4, 2008

Toby gets groomed!




Toby went today to PetSmart to get groomed professionally for the first time. He was deep conditioned, nails trimmed, ears cleaned, and then his hair was cut. From what the lady said, he barked and snapped at the hair dryer. He turned out soooo cute and he's so fluffy. Thankfully, I drove to the store, because just prior to me leaving the store a huge thunderstorm began with tornado warnings in the area. No worries, I was parked in a garage at the store, and my apartment here is indoors. The newly washed and freshly trimmed Toby stayed dry and cute!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What breed is Toby??? looks like a Maltese to me?????

Traveling Shaunda said...

Actually, Toby is a Maltipoo. His dad is a Maltese and his mom is a poodle. He took more after his father in size and look. FYI, the ears are pointed (which I think is one of his cutest aspects) as a "genetic flaw" in the Maltese. Apparently, someone in the history of Maltese decided that they wanted to breed for the floppy ears, so when you start mixing breeds (as in a Maltipoo), you sometimes get the less dominant traits that pop up. I'm glad this happened because I think it makes him more unique and cuter! His tail is true Maltese fashion and flips over his back.

Deb and Jay said...

awh, too cute! We miss you guys. Sounds like you're having a great time, so that's good.
Take Care,
Deb