Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Dark Knight



As some of you may already know, the new Batman movie "The Dark Knight" was filmed in Chicago last year. For instance, the old post office was turned into the bank where a robbery occurs. My coworkers tell me that the Bat Cave was set up on Whacker at one point. And according to the news reports, the large 18-wheeler that is flipped in the movie occurred on LaSalle St. Last week, in preparation for the movie coming out, there was a large bat symbol on the Sears Tower. Also, last night, there was a large movie premiere at the IMAX theater in Navy Pier, followed by the typical Wednesday night fireworks. I found these pictures online from other people who attended the event, but from what I read, tickets were at least $150. As I've never seen an IMAX movie, and part of the movie was filmed using IMAX cameras (6 of the action scenes were filmed using these special lenses), I plan to go see "The Dark Knight" sometime at the IMAX theater. It should a great movie.

No comments: