Friday, July 18, 2008

IMAX tickets


Today, I was a big nerd, and I purchased advanced tickets for "The Dark Knight" for next Sunday. The movie is mostly sold out, and the only shows until next weekend are during the day (when I'm at work) next week. One unique thing about IMAX, is that you are able to actually pick your seat. So, I chose the Sunday at 4 pm show, as that was the only show that had seats that weren't all of the way up front (there is no way I'm watching this movie in the first few rows). Navy Pier (where I will be watching the movie) boasts the largest viewing screen in Chicago, measuring 80 feet x 60 feet and holds 440 people. The IMAX synopsis for this movie says: "THE DARK KNIGHT: THE IMAX EXPERIENCE, from Warner Bros. Pictures, will feature four sequences filmed with IMAX® cameras. This marks the first time ever that a major feature film has been even partially shot using IMAX cameras, marking a revolutionary integration of the two film formats.

The follow-up to the action hit BATMAN BEGINS, THE DARK KNIGHT reunites director Christopher Nolan and star Christian Bale, who reprises the role of Batman/Bruce Wayne. In the new film, Batman raises the stakes in his war on crime. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as The Joker."

I'm very excited, as this should be a great movie...so, nobody spoil this for me by telling me what happens in the movie!

No comments: