Friday, July 4, 2008

The Taste of Chicago





I walked downtown this afternoon and did a small amount of shopping (mainly souvenir things) and then walked down to the Taste of Chicago. For those of you who don't know, this is an annual street fair where many of the local restaurants come out and sell their food or little sample portions of certain items called "taste" sizes. How this works is you purchase food tickets at a booth, then based on what item you want, give them the appropriate amount of tickets. I ate a bunch of food, but it was worth it (hey, I figured I walked down there, so I could eat a little more). I had a Chicken Parmesan sandwich, a slice of Turtle Cheesecake, a small "taste" of rainbow ice cream (it is a swirl of 5 different flavors), and a small frozen chocolate covered banana. They were all very yummy and well worth the tickets.

After filling my stomach, I walked over to the Buckingham Fountain. This is a very large fountain that some of you may remember from the opening credits of Married with Children. It was very pretty and very large.

Tonight, I will be able to watch more fireworks from my apartment, I am excited!

No comments: