Friday, March 21, 2008

St. Thomas on Holiday




Since moving to St. Thomas, I have come to realize that they are truly in another world and have their own time. This week, being the week of Easter, is deemed Holy Week. Last Sunday (Palm Sunday) began this week long celebration with 'parades,' and now, here I sit at work alone. Why do I sit alone? Well, Thursday (Holy Thursday), Friday (Good Friday), and Monday (Easter Monday) are all government observed holidays. This means that all of my coworkers have out of work, and since I am a traveler and wouldn't get paid otherwise, I am at work. Not to worry, at least I have a beautiful view from the balcony here in the office (see the picture above)! The speech therapist has been coming in for a few hours each day to treat her patients, so I am not completely alone here. Plus, I am treating some of my outpatients and some of the patients up in the hospital.



I hope that everyone has a wonderful Good Friday and Easter weekend!

No comments: