Thursday, March 20, 2008

Toby's Adventures!




So, to tell you a bit about how Toby is adjusting...HE LOVES IT! He goes outside to play at least once a day and if he's lucky, Jay or Debbie are home to provide extra attention. On the days Jay has off of work during the week, he will let Toby out to play. Toby thinks that is the coolest thing that he gets to "help" Jay around the house.




So far, Toby has seen birds fly by, chased small lizards, gotten nose to nose with a large tree frog, and found an iguana. The birds and small lizards were mildly amusing. The frog was at night and when it moved a small amount, Toby ran behind me and growled at it until it hopped away. Pretty funny that he was trying to be all big and bad behind me! As for the iguana, now that was hilarious!




So, Toby and I were heading up on Friday (3/14/08), and he stops at nearly the top of the stairs and starts growling. I look down, and there is a giant iguana sunning under the stairs! Debbie called for Jay, and he handed me the camera and I got a picture. As I was panning out to take a shot of Toby growling at the iguana, Toby got a little too close and the iguana jumps out from beneath the stairs and takes off! I scream, Debbie screams, and Toby is off on hot pursuit! The iguana tears across the pool deck (looking like a dinosaur) and then proceeds to jump onto the raised flower area/landscape and smack into the fence. Toby is down below barking, and the iguana is looking around like "how do I get away from this furry thing???" Finally, he sees an opening, and wiggles down between the fence and the deck to safety. Toby is still there barking, then jumps up on the flower area and sniffs to try to trail where he went! Now, every time that Toby goes up the stairs, he stops every so many stairs and looks for an iguana!

2 comments:

marina said...

Hii!
What a beuatiful dog!
Hei, see my blog too ;D

Anonymous said...

Toby is precious! What a fire cracker! I wish I could have seen this on video! I love this blog! What a cool idea.